I am writing to inform you that Inspire Suffolk will be visiting Benjamin Britten on the 7th of February 2020 to promote our upcoming NCS Summer Programme.
NCS is a government funded youth programme that takes place during the summer holidays and runs for four weeks. It only costs £50 to take part and if your child qualifies for free school meals, there is a reduced cost of £25.
The NCS journey:
· Be Epic – Five days away from home at Kingswood Activity Centre in Kent. Take on adrenaline-fuelled activities whilst your team cheer you along every step of the way, sharing in every challenge and every success.
· Live Life – Next up, spend five days living at the University of Essex, gaining crucial life skills from public speaking to basic first aid.
· Do Good – Back at home, you and your team will devise a social action project based on an issue you feel passionate about. This is your chance to feel proud by making a real difference in your community.
· Celebration – Celebrate your achievements with your fellow NCS grads and receive your certificate signed by the Prime Minister!
We have two dates available:
- Wave 1: Monday 20th July
- Wave 2: Monday 3rd August
Spaces are very limited, so if you would like to sign up and pay online, you can do so at www.wearencs.com. Just enter your school name and input your details, we will then do the rest and confirm your place on this summer's programme.
Alternatively, if you have any questions, please contact our NCS Coordinator, Helena Moles on 07590 983288 who will happy to help and can complete your booking over the phone if this will be easier for you.
Inspire Suffolk is a local charity support a wide range of young people better prepare themselves for work and life. For more information on our charity visit www.inspiresuffolk.org.uk.
Message from the school:
We heavily recommend students participate in this NCS opportunity. Not only does it enhance confidence and independence, it also looks great on university and/or job applications. Previous students who have participated in the programme have absolutely loved it and gained so much from it. If your child is in receipt of free school meals and you do not think you can afford the £25 but your child would like to go, please get in touch with Miss Stanley by telephoning the school office on 01502 582312. Any parents/carers who wish to discuss anything else about the opportunity can also contact me. Thank you, Miss Stanley.